(16) Phillipians 4:4 Have you neglected to seek to be pleasing to Him in all things? Do you carry any bitterness toward God? Have you complained against Him in any way? Have you been dissatisfied with His provision for you? Is there in your heart any unwillingness to obey God fully? Do you have any reservations as to what you would or would not do concerning anything that might be His Will? Have you disobeyed some direct leading from Him?
(17) Col. 3:9 Do you engage in empty and unprofitable conversation? Do you ever lie? Do you ever exaggerate? Cheat? Steal? Carefully consider do you overcharge?
(18) 2 Timothy 2:22 Do you have any personal habits that are not pure? Do you allow impure thoughts about the opposite sex to stay in your mind? Do you read that which is impure or suggests unholy things? Do you indulge in any unclean entertainment? Are you guilty of the lustful look?
(19) Hebrews 10:25 Do you stay away from the meetings of preaching the gospel? Do you whisper or think about other things while Gods Word is being read or preached? Are you irregular in attendance at services? Do you neglect to attend or participate in meetings for prayer? Have you neglected or slighted daily or private prayer? Have you neglected Gods Word? Do you find the Bible and prayer uninteresting? Have you neglected thanksgiving at meals? Have you neglected daily family devotions
(20) Hebrews 3:17 Do you hesitate to submit to leaders in the church or elsewhere? Are you lazy? Do you rebel at requests given to you to help the work of the gospel? Do you in any way have a stubborn or unteachable spirit?
(21) James 1:27 Have you allowed yourself to become "spotted" by the world? Is your manner of dress pleasing to God? Do you spend beyond what is pleasing to God on anything? Do you neglect to pray about things you buy?
(22) James 4:6 Do you feel that you are doing quite well as a Christian? That you are not so bad? That you are good enough? Are you stubborn? Do you insist on having your own way? Do you insist on your rights?
(23) James 4:11 Have you dishonored Him and hindered His work by criticizing His servants? Have you failed to pray regularly for your pastor or other spiritual leaders? Do you find it hard to be corrected? Are you more concerned about what people will think than what will be pleasing to God?
If you have been honest and true in the matter of admittiny your sins, then you are ready for Gods cleansing. Sins that are admitted, are sins that are confessed. Remember these three things:
If there is full confession, there will he full
the joy of the Lord will follow. There can be testimony and prayer in the power
Psalm 19:12 "Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults."
Additional copies available at 100 for $10.00.
This brochure was prepared from materials originally distributed by Rev. Dudley Hall - Reprinted by permission by
Repented by permission from Bibles For The World
Back to Encouragement to Pray